This site is a developmental version of Wiki Law School. To go to the production site: www.wikilawschool.net
|Headquarters||Los Angeles (CA)|
|Number of Offices||75|
|Number of attorneys||1,331|
|Annual Revenue||$US$"US$" is not a number. million|
|Littler Mendelson Pay Scale|
|(all numbers in thousands of dollars)|
Littler Mendelson P.C. is the largest U.S.-based law firm exclusively devoted to representing management in employment, employee benefit, executive compensation, and labour law matters. Littler also handles global mobility and immigration issues.
Established in 1942, the law firm specializes in labor & employment, and has the largest practice in this area in the United States, Mexico, Canada, Germany and Venezuela. As of 2017, Littler has more than 1300 lawyers on staff in more than 75 offices in major metropolitan areas nationwide and globally. Littler has also established offices in several international markets through merging, acquiring, and partnering with firms based in Colombia, Costa Rica, Peru, and Puerto Rico.
History and practice
The firm was founded in 1942 by a deputy California Attorney General and a director of the War Labor Board, initially to represent businesses before the War Labor Board and Salary Stabilization Commission that were threatened with government takeover. The firm grew steadily but remained local to the Bay Area until the 1990s, when it began expanding aggressively throughout the U.S. via mergers and acquisitions of other firms.
In 2010, the firm announced the opening of the its first international labor and employment law office in Caracas, Venezuela (this office subsequently joined Ius Laboris in 2012). In 2011, Littler formed a strategic alliance with TransAsia Lawyers. In December of the same year, Littler announced the opening of two new offices in Mexico under the name Littler, De la Vega y Conde, S.C. and brought on a group of 25 local lawyers. In October 2013, Littler combined with two Latin American law firms, adding a presence in four additional countries in the Latin American region - Colombia, Costa Rica, El Salvador, and Panama, and creating a new entity named Littler Global. The firm has since continued its expansion in major international markets through Littler Global, opening offices in Puerto Rico, the Dominical Republic, Honduras, Peru, and Guatemala.
The firm is consistently rated as one of the best labor and employment law firms. The firm is ranked 62nd in the 2014 AmLaw 100 survey, It achieved Band 3 on Chambers USA as one of the Top Labor & Employment Law Firms. The National Law Journal named the firm as #1 in Labor and Employment through a 2009 of survey of Fortune 100 companies. In Who's Who Legal, Littler was named "Leading Law Firm in the World for Management-Side Labor and Employment Work" in 2013, 2014, and 2015. In 2015, Who's Who Legal ranked Littler #4 overall for Employment and Immigration law firms. The U.S. News & World Report named Littler as "Law Firm of the Year" in Labor Law - Management for 2011-2015. Employment Law360, the newswire for labor and employment law professionals, named Littler the #1 in Employment Practice Group in 2014, as well as #1 in Wage and Hour Litigation for 2012, and in describing Littler, claimed "the largest law firm in the United States to focus exclusively on labor and employment law has been retained more than any other firm in employment lawsuits in the past year," according to its survey of the 250+ largest U.S. law firms. Law360 also ranked Littler Mendelson the 16th largest US law firm in 2014. In 2014, Littler was ranked #1 in labor litigation mentions in a survey of Fortune 100 companies by Corporate Counsel, as well as being ranked #1 as the Top ALM Go-To Law Firm for labor and employment, chosen by Fortune 500 companies. In a branche-internal survey of Top 100 Most Prestigious Law Firms To Work For by Vault, Littler ranked #1 Best in Labor and Employment and #1 Best in Partner Labor and Employment for 2009, and the 5th overall Best Law Firm for Diversity in 2015. In 2016, Vault ranked Littler #1 in Labor and Employment.
Littler also received a #1 ranking among the nation's 100 largest Firms in the percentage of women equity partners by American Lawyer, and was named to Working Mother Magazine's 50 Best Law Firms for Women in 2014. Additionally, the firm earned the top rating of 100% on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation 2015 Corporate Equality Index and Best Places to Work Survey.
In 2016, Littler was recognized as a Top Law Firm for Innovation by the Financial Times. 
- Global Mobility and Immigration,
- Littler Mendelson Beefing Up Its Core Competencies, JD Journal (August 23, 2012)
- Littler and the Globalization of Canada’s Legal Market, (August 5, 2015)
- Littler Mendelson Combines with Firms in Colombia and Costa Rica,
- Littler Mendelson gets bigger, plans 500 lawyers by Labor Day, (June 23, 2006)
- Littler Mendelson Opens in Mexico,
- Littler Adds Firms in Columbia, Costa Rica, (October 1, 2013)
- Littler Global Gains Ground in Central America,
- Littler Mendelson Joins Two Latin American Firms to Become “Littler Global”,
- Labor an Employment Firm Littler Continues Latin America Expansion, (January 7, 2014)
- Littler Bolsters Latin America Presence With Peru Office, (October 21, 2014)
- Firms Ranked by Gross Revenue, (April 27, 2015)
- Who’s Who Legal 100 Employment and Immigration,
- Law360 Reveals Top 10 Largest Employment Practice Groups,
- Law360 Reveals 400 Largest US Law Firms,
- Best Law Firms for Diversity,
- The 2014 Working Mother & Flex-time Lawyers 50 Best Law Firms for Women, (July 15, 2014)
- Human Rights Campaign Best Places to Work,
- Littler Recognized as a Top Law Firm for Innovation by the Financial Times,