|Number of Offices
|Number of attorneys
|Number of employees
||Mark M. Katz (Chairman of the firm)
|Arent Fox Pay Scale
|(all numbers in thousands of dollars)
Arent Fox LLP (formerly Arent, Fox, Kintner, Plotkin & Kahn) is a law firm and lobbying group based in Washington, D.C.. The firm also has offices in New York City, San Francisco, and Los Angeles. In 2007, the National Law Journal ranked the firm as the 137th largest in the United States based on number of attorneys.
In addition to its lobbying practice, Arent Fox has substantial practices in antitrust, corporate, environmental, intellectual property, litigation, real estate, tax law, bankruptcy, international trade, corporate finance, and ERISA matters. The firm also has special practice groups for certain industries, such as the automotive industry, construction, healthcare, hospitality, energy, non-profit organizations, media and entertainment, sweepstakes and loyalty programs, and life sciences.
Notable lawyers and alumni
- Carol A. Beier, Associate Justice of the Kansas Supreme Court, practiced white-collar criminal defense at the firm during the 1980s.
- Bob Bennett, former United States Senator from Utah.
- Randall Boe was an associate at Arent Fox before becoming general counsel to America Online.
- Dale Bumpers, former Governor of Arkansas and U.S. Senator for Arkansas, worked in the firm's Washington, D.C. office prior to his death on January 1, 2016.
- John Culver, former U.S. Senator for Iowa, currently works at the firm's Washington, D.C. office.
- Phil English, Former Member of the U.S. House of Representatives from Pennsylvania's 3rd congressional district
- Lorie Skjerven Gildea, Chief Justice of the Minnesota Supreme Court, was an associate at Arent Fox before returning to Minnesota and beginning her career as a prosecutor.
- Byron Dorgan, former United States Senator from North Dakota.
- Robert C. O'Brien, former US delegate to the 60th session of the United Nations General Assembly, joined the firm's Los Angeles office in 2007.
- Pierre-Richard Prosper, former United States Ambassador-at-Large for War Crimes Issues, joined the firm's Los Angeles office in 2007.
- Jim Talent, former U.S. Senator from Missouri, served as a lobbyist at Arent Fox in 2001.
- Fred Thompson, former U.S. Senator for Tennessee, actor, and 2008 presidential candidate has served as a lobbyist for Arent Fox.
- Chris Van Hollen, U.S. Senator from Maryland, former member of the U.S. House of Representatives from Maryland's 8th district