This site is a developmental version of Wiki Law School. To go to the production site: www.wikilawschool.net
Baker & Hostetler
|Baker & Hostetler|
|Headquarters||New York (NY)|
|Number of attorneys||919|
|Baker & Hostetler Pay Scale|
|(all numbers in thousands of dollars)|
Template:As of, the firm was rated the 85th-largest law firm in the world. BakerHostetler is a multidisciplinary firm with 11 practice groups and more than 55 areas of practice strength. In a 2005 survey by BTI Consulting Group, BakerHostetler was ranked among the top 24 firms considered to be the “Power Elite” in terms of providing superior client satisfaction.
In March 2010, BakerHostetler, represented Denbury Resources Inc. (NYSE: DNR), a member of the S&P 500, in a merger valued at $4.5 billion with Encore Acquisition Co. (NYSE: EAC). The transaction created one of the largest oil-focused independent exploration and production companies in North America. As a result of this and other similar deals, BakerHostetler was ranked among the top 10 U.S. law firms for merger and acquisition deals in the oil, gas and oilfield service industries for the period January 2009-First Quarter 2010 per The Deal magazine. The firm is generally known for counseling and representing clients in the hospitality, healthcare, financial services, media, energy, sports and technology fields.
In May 2016, the firm announced they are using IBM's Watson, named "ROSS", to assist attorneys in their bankruptcy practice. Other law firms have signed agreements with ROSS, but Baker & Hostetler was the first to announce the use of the artificial intelligence based service.
BakerHostetler has represented the William Jefferson Clinton Presidential Foundation's HIV/AIDS Initiative since 2003.
Major League Baseball has been a longstanding client of BakerHostetler.
On August 25, 2014, House Republicans hired BakerHostetler's David Rivkin to provide legal representation to sue President Obama over the Affordable Care Act. 
Other notable clients
- ABC, Inc.
- Airbus S.A.S.
- Cardinal Health, Inc.
- CNL Financial Group
- Colgate-Palmolive Co.
- Electronic Data Systems
- The E.W. Scripps Co.
- Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Gruner + Jahr
- Hospital Corporation of America
- Microsoft Corp.
- Sprint Nextel
- State Farm
- Progressive Corp.
- Trammell Crow Co.
Lawyers and Locations
In 2014, the law firm employs nearly 900 attorneys and has offices in 14 different markets including: New York, Washington, D.C., California (Los Angeles, Costa Mesa), Illinois (Chicago), Florida (Orlando), Texas (Houston), Colorado (Denver), and Ohio (Columbus, Cleveland, and Cincinnati).
- The Lawyer Global 100 Archived from the original on February 6, 2008 from The Lawyer published in association with The American Lawyer November 2009; see also List of 100 largest law firms globally
- http://www.bticonsulting.com, see BTI Power Rankings: The BTI Client Relationship Scorecard for Law Firms 2005
- Profile of Professional Organization Contributors Baker Hostetler, The National Law Review (2012-04-15)
- A Whole New Look for Some Law Firms in 2014, The Wall Street Journal Law Blog (2014-01-02)
- Beck, Susan AI Pioneer ROSS Intelligence Lands Its First Big Law Clients, The American Lawyer (2016-05-06)
- Stephenson, Amanda BakerHostetler facilitates deal for HIV/AIDS Initiative.(Inside Track: Law), Inside Business (February 2007) Template:Dead link
- Archived copy,
- Archived copy,