This site is a developmental version of Wiki Law School. To go to the production site: www.wikilawschool.net
Morgan, Lewis & Bockius
|Morgan, Lewis & Bockius|
|Number of Offices||30|
|Number of attorneys||1,898|
|Number of employees||1700|
|Practice Areas||General Practice, Corporate Law|
|Key People||Jami Wintz McKeon, Firm Chair (?)|
|Annual Revenue||$[[Revenue::Template:Profit US $1.84 billion (2015)]] million|
|Morgan, Lewis & Bockius Pay Scale|
|(all numbers in thousands of dollars)|
Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP is a global law firm. Among their clients, they serve as tax counsel to United States President Donald Trump and the Trump Organization since 2005. The firm received the 2016 'Russia Law Firm of the Year' award.
Morgan Lewis was founded in Philadelphia on March 10, 1873, by Charles Eldridge Morgan, Jr., a Civil War veteran, and Francis Draper Lewis, the son of a successful cotton merchant. In 1883, Morgan & Lewis hired Morris Rex Bockius, who dominated the firm from the turn of the century until his death in 1939. He became a partner fifteen years after he joined the firm, which became Morgan, Lewis & Bockius.
In 1882, the firm began to handle work for the United Gas Improvement Company, which became the largest gas and electric utility company in the United States, and (as UGI) is still a client today. That was the beginning of a boom: By the end of the 19th century and into the 20th, Morgan Lewis counseled many leading companies including Philadelphia’s largest newspaper, Pennsylvania’s largest railroad, a major paper manufacturer, banks and trust companies, and the largest manufacturer of steam locomotives in the world.
Currently Morgan Lewis has more than 2000 legal professionals, providing services from locations in Beijing, Boston, Brussels, Century City, Chicago, Costa Mesa/Orange County, Dallas, Dubai, Frankfurt, Hartford, Hong Kong, Houston, Kazakhstan (Almaty/Astana), London, Los Angeles, Miami, Moscow, New York, Palo Alto/Silicon Valley, Paris, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Princeton, San Francisco, Shanghai, Singapore, Tokyo, Washington, D.C., and Wilmington. Template:Reliable source?
Mergers & Office Locations
On November 14, 2014, Morgan Lewis's partnership voted to admit 227 partners from Bingham McCutchen LLP as partners in Morgan Lewis. With the addition of these partners, Morgan Lewis was anticipated to be one of the largest law firms in the world. The partners, other attorneys, and staff joined Morgan Lewis on November 24, 2014.Template:Reliable source?
On March 15, 2015, Morgan Lewis and Singapore’s Stamford Law Corporation announced a combination that created a fully integrated law firm in Singapore. The combination established a business transactions, litigation, and arbitration practice to serve clients with interests in Singapore and across the expanding Asian marketplace. 
Template:As of, Morgan Lewis has 30 offices in the United States, Belgium, China, France, Germany, Japan, Kazakhstan, Russia, Hong Kong, Singapore, the United Arab Emirates, and the United Kingdom.
Representation of US President Donald Trump
Morgan, Lewis & Bockius represents United States President Donald Trump, advising him and the Trump Organization since 2005.
Morgan Lewis issued a letter in May 2017 stating they had examined Trump's tax returns and found no significant financial connection to Russia.
Sale of web domain to Major League Baseball
The law firm was the original holder of the web domain name MLB.com. In September 2000 they made an agreement to transfer the domain name to Major League Baseball. Rob Manfred, the Major League Baseball Commissioner, is an alumnus of the Morgan, Lewis law firm.
Awards and honors
- 2016 Russia Law Firm of the Year by Chambers Europe guide.
- "The Am Law 100: Firms Ranked by Gross Revenue" http://www.americanlawyer.com/id=1202651156795. Retrieved on 2014-11-17.
- Donald Trump's tax law firm has 'deep' ties to Russia, GMA (May 12, 2017)
- Donald Trump’s Legal Team Won a ‘Russia Law Firm of The Year’ Award, Fortune (January 11, 2017)
- "About Us" https://www.morganlewis.com/our-firm/about-us
- "Locations" https://www.morganlewis.com/locations
- "Morgan Lewis Partnership Votes to Admit 227 Partners From Bingham McCutchen" https://finance.yahoo.com/news/morgan-lewis-partnership-votes-admit-192000438.html
- "Morgan Lewis Welcomes More Than 750 Lawyers, Legal Professionals and Staff from Bingham McCutchen" http://www.morganlewis.com/news/PR_MLwelcomesNewLawyers_24nov2014
- "Done Deal: Most of Bingham McCutchen Now Officially Part of Morgan Lewis" https://blogs.wsj.com/law/2014/11/24/done-deal-most-of-bingham-mccutchen-now-officially-part-of-morgan-lewis/
- "Law firm Morgan Lewis opens Singapore office through Stamford deal" https://www.reuters.com/article/2015/03/15/us-morganlewis-m-a-singapore-idUSKBN0MB12L20150315
- "Morgan Lewis to Combine with Stamford Law in Singapore to Establish Major Asian Hub" https://www.morganlewis.com/news/morgan-lewis-to-combine-with-stamford-law-in-singapore-to-establish-major-asian-hubnews/
- "Morgan Lewis: Locations" https://www.morganlewis.com/our-firm/locations (last accessed Sept. 7, 2017).
- Investment fund, irked over Trump representation, fires Morgan Lewis, Philly.com (April 4, 2017)
- With Stunning Moral Clarity, Wallace Global Fund Fires Firm That Endorsed Donald Trump’s Kleptocracy, Slate (April 1, 2017)
- Trump lawyers push back against Russia ties in letter, Associated Press (May 12, 2017)
- "Morgan Lewis Pitches Web Address To Major League Baseball" http://www.morganlewis.com/pubs/A78B64B1-9A01-4FB2-B4F5CE4D7A7132B1_Publication.pdf