This site is a developmental version of Wiki Law School. To go to the production site: www.wikilawschool.net
University of San Diego School of Law
|University of San Diego School of Law|
|Location||San Diego, CA, US|
|Outlines||0 (See List)|
The University of San Diego School of Law, commonly referred to as USD Law, is a law school in San Diego, California. USD Law offers Juris Doctor degrees as well as LL.M. degrees in taxation law, international law, business and corporate law, and comparative law (for non-U.S. students). The school is a member of the Order of the Coif, the most distinguished mark awarded American law schools. In a 2003-2004 survey, Brian Leiter of The University of Texas School of Law ranked USD law 22nd in the nation for faculty quality. USD Law placed 85th among the nation's "Top 100" law schools by the 2008 U.S. News and World Report rankings. One out of every four attorneys practicing in San Diego graduated from USD's School of Law.
Environment and location
The University of San Diego School of Law is located on the campus of the University of San Diego, approximately two miles north of downtown San Diego in the community of Linda Vista. From the campus, the communities of Mission Hills, Old Town San Diego, Point Loma, Ocean Beach, Bay Park, Mission Beach, La Jolla, Linda Vista, Crown Point, The Dog Patch, Bay Ho, North Park, South Park, Bankers Hill, Downtown, Mission Valley, and Pacific Beach can be seen.
The dean of the law school is Kevin Cole, former associate dean, professor, and interim dean.
In 2022, the Dean of the Law School was Robert Schapiro (not to be confused with the OJ Simpson lawyer Robert Shapiro). Robert Schapiro is a former dean of Emory University School of Law in Atlanta, Georgia.
- Steve Altman '86 (J.D.), President, Qualcomm, Inc.
- Theo Epstein '00 (J.D.), General Manager and Executive Vice President of the Boston Red Sox
- Joseph Ghougassian '77 (M.A.), '80 (J.D.), Chairman, Persian Gulf Consultants, Former Deputy Senior Advisor for the Coalition Provisional Authority in Iraq, Former United States Ambassador to Qatar
- Frances Townsend '84 (J.D.), Current Homeland Security Advisor
- Theodore Boutrous Jr. '87 (J.D.), Co-Chair of Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher's Appellate and Constitutional Law Group
- Juris Doctor,
- LL.M in Taxation,
- LL.M in Business and Corporate Law,
- LL.M in International Law,
- LL.M with Concentration in Criminal Law, Environmental Law, Health Law, Intellectual Property, or Labor and Employment Law,
- LL.M in Comparative Law for International Lawyers